Summer is just about here and at my house that means it’s time for all things zucchini! My garden has only two zucchini plants this year, but already I’ve harvested two and have 3 more growing. Because of this influx of all green goodness, I’m looking into new and delicious ways to prepare this versatile veggie(or fruit… or whatever). These fritters are super easy and quick to make. I was able to make a batch in the middle of the day for lunch without too much effort. The ingredients list is fairly simple as well, making this recipe easy for anyone to make whether you’ve tried making vegan food before or not.
Serve this little babies with some vegan sour cream at the very least. We also had some hummus and naan with ours, and I think I may make these again to stuff some homemade pitas. They are best served warm right out of the pan, and I wouldn’t recommend storing them for too long in the fridge since the crispiness from cooking is the best part. I hope you enjoy this recipe. Leave a comment below if you tried it out!
Vegan Zucchini Fritters
1 small or 1/2 large zucchini, grated
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
3 Tbsp vegan butter, melted
Olive oil for cooking
- Squeeze or strain grated zucchini to release as much liquid as possible. Discard water and place zucchini into a bowl along with all ingredients except the olive oil.
- Mix into a sticky batter that will clump together to form patties or fritters.
- Heat a generous drizzle of olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Form fritters at desired size and place in hot pan. Press down with a spatula to flatten.
- Let fritters cook on each side about 4 minutes or so (times will vary) or until the bottoms are nice and crispy and then flip – repeat on the other side.
- If cooking in batches, add more olive oil before each batch.
- Serve with vegan sour cream, and enjoy!