Lasagna is one of my favorite foods of all time. Who am I kidding, pretty much any type of pasta is my favorite food. Carbs, basically, just all the carbs. This lasagna is awesome because it’s completely vegan while still packed full of nutrients and yumminess. It combines a homemade ricotta, spinach and artichoke hearts with the classic red sauce that you can either make at home or buy premade. I did use gluten-free oven-ready lasagna noodles for this particular recipe which I didn’t care for – I didn’t care for the oven-ready part, the gluten-free part was fine. I would recommend using normal or gluten-free noodles you’ll have to boil first, but trust me it will be worth it.
This is also posted on my Instagram account (@melissaroserambles) under my Food highlights if you’d like to see this recipe in action!
Cooked lasagna noodles, at least 8
5 oz of fresh baby spinach, chopped
1 7.5 oz jar of artichoke hearts, chopped
1 8 oz bag of vegan mozzarella shreds
1 4 oz container of vegan parmesan
1 24 oz jar pasta or marinara sauce
1 batch of vegan homemade ricotta (recipe below)
Place all items in a blender or food processor and mix until smooth
- Preheat oven to 450°F and grab a 13″ x 9″ glass baking pan.
- Mix vegan ricotta mixture with chopped spinach and artichoke hearts. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour a layer of sauce in the bottom of your pan and layer two noodles. After the noodle layer, add a ricotta mixture layer, a mozzarella and parmesan layer, and then repeat each layer until you run out of noodles and other mixtures.
- Top entire lasagna with remaining vegan cheeses and cover with foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes. After 40 minutes, remove foil and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Once finished baking, remove from the oven and let rest for 15 minutes.