I love apples and I love quick and easy recipes so this sugar-free apple sauce is one of my favorite things to make after apple-picking. Lucky for me, my mom has an apple tree so I have almost unlimited access to apples all autumn long. This allows me to play around with recipes to my hearts content. This recipe is by far one of the easiest and probably healthiest dessert recipes around – at least I eat it for dessert. There is no sugar added, just cinnamon, because the apples are sweet enough. You can make this on the stove or in a crockpot, but I really do prefer the stove method because it is faster and makes the house smell so yummy. Happy Fall Ya’ll!!
Easy Sugar-Free Applesauce
4 medium sized apples, peeled and cut into chunks
A few Tbsp of water
1/4 tsp cinnamon, or more to taste
- Add your apple chunks to a medium sauce pan and add just enough water to cover the bottom of the pan but not cover the apples.
- Place on the stove over medium-low heat and let simmer until the apples are soft
- Using the back of your spoon or a potato masher, squish those apple chunks to your desired consistency. If you like super smooth apple sauce you could always use an immersion blender here to really whip it up.
- Add cinnamon and mix completely.
- Pair with a scoop of your favorite non-dairy vanilla ice cream or enjoy by itself!